Deserted Island

Journal Entry 1
3/20/20:

It is a ghost town outside. I view through my window out to willow road where thousands of cars once drove by, several every second. Now I can count to ten, or even twenty before the next car zooms by. Last week my family went on a couple of walks to get some fresh air and out of the house. It was as if we had the plague. Everytime we walked near someone, they would cross the street so as to not come within feet of us. Today, my sister told me that 13,000 Americans officially have CoronaVirus. This number is huge to begin with, but that only includes the ones who have been tested and shown symptoms. It has reached every state and the number is nearly doubling each day. Hospitals are worried that they’re going to reach carrying capacity and not be able to save everyone. In Italy, they had to start picking who they were going to save. If it was between the 75 year old with an immune system deficiency or a 30 year old healthy mother of two. I can’t even imagine the feeling of seeing two innocent people that both deserve to live longer and one of their fate is in my hands. All restaurants are closed except for take out, where no human contact is allowed. Today is the last day of E-learning for the week and then it is spring break. I was supposed to perform at Carnegie Hall with school, but it got cancelled. I was also planning to go to LA, but it’s also cancelled. Without any work next week, I’ll have to get creative on how I can spend my time and not be bored. I can only sit and stare at a screen for so long. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Connection

All Too Surreal

Pink Tax